The LIRR has released the Final Scoping Document for the Third Track Expansion Project.
The Final Scoping Document includes:
- A description of the Proposed Project, including Purpose and Need
- A preliminary identification of the Proposed Project’s potential significant adverse impacts to be
studied and assessed in the Project’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)
- The methodology to be used and the data to be reviewed in assessing potential impacts in the
- Alternatives to be considered
- Potential mitigation measures to be considered
- A summary of prominent issues raised during the public scoping process
Final Scoping Document (over 130 pages) – Hard copy available at the Library
In addition, below is a link to the raw public comments from the scoping sessions and a link to a map which shows the recently surveyed LIRR Right-of-Way (ROW).
ROW Map – Hard copy available at the Library