Village of Floral Park was formally incorporated

QUARK-soft

The Village of Floral Park was formally incorporated on October 15, 1908.  Two days later, some 175 voters elected John Lewis Childs as President, along with two Trustees, George F. Downing and John F. Klein.  The first Village Clerk, David W Syme, and Tax Collector, Andrew Wright, were named.  The new officials, through the gen­erosity of John Lewis Childs, met in an up­stairs room in the Mayflower Press Building.