Religious organizations came to Floral Park as early as 1889, when the Extension Society of the Methodist Church sent a minister to preach on Sunday evenings. A church was formally dedicated in 1891 and became the first church in the Village.
St. Hedwig Roman Catholic Church dates from 1902 and offered some Masses in Polish for a large ethnic congregation. St. Elisabeth Episcopal Church originated as a mission in 1910, and was followed in 1912 by Christ Lutheran Church. After celebrating Masses in Fireman’s Hall in the mid 20’s, Our Lady of Victory Roman Catholic Church located to its present site in 1924. In 1928, the Floral Park Jewish Center located on Tyson Avenue. The 1940’s brought the Covenant Church and First Church of Christ Scientist to our Village. In later years, the Pentecostal Church located on Magnolia Avenue.